- HomeGenmar UK
- About UsYour only IT provider
- IT ManagementIn-house & Cloud Solutions
- Products & ServicesProfessional IT Services
- ContactGet in touch
IT Field Engineer
Salary – £27 to 30k + PR bonus depending on skillset and experience
Excellent opportunity for you to join our support team and work in a varied and busy professional environment.
Established over 22 years with an enviable reputation for exceeding customer expectations, and low staff turnover, we require another field engineer to join our Support & Services team.
Recognised as the longest established MSP and Microsoft Gold Partner in the area we offer a wealth of IT services such as – PC Support, Hosted Services, Field Services and much more to diverse businesses both locally and throughout the South East. We also have an in-house workshop / shop with an excellent local reputation and many thousands of satisfied customers.
• Will be working alongside the team of currently 9 support staff.
• To be responsible for managing your own diary schedule, visiting a variety of customer premises for planned maintenance / business reviews, IT installations and onsite reactive support visits.
• Communicating with support and workshop ensuring expeditious collection / delivery of onsite work.
• Building Customer relationships; presenting technical solutions to customers, providing customer technical consultations, advice, reviews and technical documentation.
• Strong communication skills & customer facing skills
• A positive, can-do attitude; friendly and approachable
• Knowledge of Windows OS, AD and Group Policy and 365 packages.
• Networking experience TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
• Ability to think on your feet and solve complex issues with empathy
• Keen to learn
• Desire to gain further industry recognised qualifications
• Previous experience in similar role 2 years +
• Full clean UK driving licence
• 25 years old plus (for insurance purposes)
Preferred Additional Qualifications and skills (not Required):
• Structured networking installation experience
• Experience working for a Managed / Hosting Service Provider
• CompTIA A+ / N+
• MS Certification
• CCNA – or similar
• Customer service / Helpdesk experience