How to reduce your Microsoft 365 bill
In recent years we have found that many businesses are not aware of the costs to their business through Microsoft 365. This could be costing businesses thousands in wasted costs.
As 2023 rolls around, there is no better time to start saving money to help your business flourish this year.
Here are some ways that you can reduce your expenses on Microsoft 365 –
Purchase an annual plan instead of a monthly plan.
- Annual plans often come with a discount compared to monthly plans. For example, at the time of writing, Microsoft 365 Business Standard costs £11.30 per month on a monthly commitment and £9.40 per month on an annual commitment.
Consider downgrading to a lower tier plan
- It is often the case that you don’t need all the features included in your current plan. The Feature Matrix | M365 Maps website is a helpful resource that shows the features included in various Microsoft licenses. You can see the pricing for the various licences on Microsoft’s website.
Consolidate your accounts into one.
- If you have multiple accounts, consider consolidating them into a single account, you should only need one licence per actual person using the system*. Shared email accounts such as sales@, info@ etc… usually won’t require a licence.
*Some non-named accounts will need a licence if required by specific software. If unsure speak with your IT provider.
Check if you are eligible for a discount
- If you are a not-for-profit organisation using Microsoft 365 for business purposes, you may be eligible for a non-profit discount. See Microsoft’s eligibility requirements here. Non-profits can receive up to 300 Microsoft 365 Business Basic licences for free and Standard licences for only £2.30 per user compared to the normal cost of £9.40.
Ensure inactive accounts have been taken off the plan
- If you are no longer using some of the apps or services included in your Microsoft 365 subscription, consider cancelling them to reduce your monthly charges. If a team member has left the business, make sure to remove their account and reduce your licences to save money. You can do this by logging into your https://portal.office.com as an administrator.
By taking the time to look into each of these options, you could save hundreds a month.
Find out more about how Microsoft 365 can elevate your business – Buy Office 365 in London | Bishops Stortford | Cambridge | Essex | Hertfordshire – Genmar IT Genmar IT