Also known as virtual desktops, hosted desktops allow you to access your computer desktop and apps and work from anywhere in the world at any time, with an Internet connection and an Internet enabled device.
The most secure and scalable option for many industries, it allows totally flexible working even for a workforce spread geographically or with multiple working locations. Paying only for the number of desktops required each month reduces costs, potentially increasing your profits. As it negates the need for expensive servers and reduces the need of replacing PC’s, hosted desktop also has the benefit of being very environmentally friendly. Why not call us to arrange a meeting to discuss how remote desktop can help your business?
Your desktop is hosted and managed in the cloud, which allows you to access your desktop from anywhere, any time and on any device. Employees can access company files on a shared drive, or you can restrict folder permissions; working as you would sitting behind a desk in your office. You can also access all of the latest Microsoft Office applications and any Company Apps you choose to move into the cloud, giving you the freedom to work without the need to be in a fixed location.
Hosted Desktop consolidates your IT costs by removing the need for expensive servers and other costs associated with IT, such as Hardware, Support, Anti-Virus, Back-ups, Licensing and Software Updates. All of this is included in our cloud packages as standard, providing instant savings on your IT expenditure. Charges are based on the monthly users, ensuring you only pay for what you use.
- Scalability – allows the ability to increase or decrease the number of hosted desktops as required on a month by month basis. no investment in expensive and troublesome servers and their complicated support and licencing requirements.
- Reliability – Utilizing Microsoft’s Azure UK based servers provides a fail-safe backup system. In the unlikely event of a failure, you can be sure that your data is safeguarded and there is minimal interruption to your business. Our industry leading SLA’s provide extra assurance on uptime.
- Environmentally Sound – Moving your business to a hosted desktop solution will reduce the need for servers and hardware. This negates demand for the regular replacement of your existing hardware and means ecological power consumption savings. Thin clients are small inexpensive computers, specifically designed for use with hosted desktops. By deploying thin clients, the business will reduce its CO2 emissions and carbon footprint.
- Full Windows 10 Enterprise OS
- Automatic loading of software and software updates.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
- Daily backup of your data and hourly replication to a second secure data centre.
- Business Antivirus
- Additional users can be added onto the hosted desktop system with 24 hours’ notice.
- Short-term three-month rolling contracts available.
Reliable IT Support.
Genmar IT is a managed service provider based in Bishop’s Stortford. We supply high quality IT support in Bishop’s Stortford and managed services such as hosted solutions, IT security and Voice & Data throughout Southeast of England.
Our team of dedicated IT professionals are always on hand to take your support calls. All our technical support engineers are trained to industry standard, and they have the certificates to prove it!
Our main services
Our services represent over 25 years of accumulated knowledge and experience of what serves our customers’ needs best. Whether you need a one-stop-shop to encompass all your IT requirements under one roof, or a one-off project or service to complement your existing IT team, you can be confident Genmar will provide the best solution. We are also Microsoft Partners, allowing us access to discounted rates on Microsoft products and access to quicker support and professional training.