How to choose the right WIFI Solution
Selecting the right WIFI solution for your business is a critical decision that can significantly impact your operations. Poor WIFI is a massive issue that can lead to serious business issues such as a drop in performance, higher stress for employees which ultimately hurts the business as people become less motivated. There are different ways that you can solve these issues, we will be going through each one, going up in cost with each solution.
Before we start, it is important to understand the situation your business is in, factors such as the size of your business, the number of devices you have connected and the data that you’re dealing with on a day-to-day basis. These factors will come together to help you find out which WIFI solution is best suited to your business.
Traditional WIFI Routers:
A router is a device that connects multiple devices to the internet and manages data traffic within a local network. It often includes WIFI capabilities for wireless device connections.
- WIFI routers are cost-effective and readily available.
- They are generally easy to set up and manage.
- Routers combine routing, switching, and wireless capabilities in a single device.
- Routers may have limited coverage, leading to dead zones in larger spaces.
- Expanding coverage may require additional routers and can become complex.
Access Points (APs):
Access points are hardware devices that add WIFI connectivity to wired networks, extending wireless coverage to specific areas.
- APs can be strategically placed to extend coverage as needed.
- They offer better performance in larger business environments.
- Many APs can be managed centrally for ease of control.
- APs may require a larger upfront investment compared to routers.
- Setting up multiple APs might necessitate professional installation.
Mesh Networks is a wireless network where multiple devices collaborate to provide seamless and extended WIFI coverage, eliminating dead zones and ensuring consistent connectivity.
- Mesh networks provide seamless coverage throughout your workspace.
- They can automatically reroute traffic for maximum reliability.
- Mesh systems are typically easy to set up and manage.
- Mesh networks can be more expensive than routers or single APs.
- Some mesh systems offer limited advanced settings for power users.
How a Site Survey can Assist your WIFI Solutions
A WIFI Site Survey is involves assessing the entire network infrastructure of your premises, this helps to identify coverage gaps, interference sources and optimal access point placement. This helps in determining which one of the previously covered WIFI solutions is a best fit for your business / project.
A WIFI survey allows you to better plan the design of your infrastructure, saving you money as you more efficiently distribute your access points.
At Genmar, we offer WIFI site surveys to any company: from a small business moving offices, to an enterprise level project / construction company, and everything in between.
If you’re interested in improving your WIFI and saving potentially thousands in Internet infrastructure, check out our WIFI site surveys at
Or, Contact Us and see how we can help your business solve its WIFI issues